SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, SENIOR
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, SENIOR
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800019
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Bachelor's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ITSS (Information Technology Support Services)
First Review Date:
$90,453 - $110,374 Annual Salary (Range 142: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2016-2017). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, sick leave and 18 paid holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform information systems analysis, design and implementation. 2. Perform virtual and physical server installation, configuration, maintenance, software updates, documentation and support. 3. Administer application installation, maintenance, software updates, user account management, documentation and support. 4. Schedule and perform system maintenance to ensure high availability of all components of the District’s database environment. 5. Monitor and maintain network and server performance, security and troubleshooting. 6. Support identity management infrastructure and troubleshooting. 7. Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity planning and implementation. Ensure redundancy and stability for all critical systems and data protection, backup and recoverability for all supported systems. 8. Use Information Security best practices to harden servers and network applications. 9. Communicate with ITSS staff and end users at both colleges; provide information or communicate issues and concerns to senior management 10. Work with other ITSS staff to maintain system and network operations; research and implement new technologies as they pertain to educational institutions. 11. Administer, maintain, and configure servers for VoIP telecommunications systems. 12. Coordinate with consultants and vendors on the installation, configuration, and support of new servers and data tools. SJECCD Human Resources Office 13. Participate in the administration of Microsoft Exchange online in Office 365 with a hybrid premise infrastructure. 14. Support student information system database and related systems. 15. Provide secondary cross-functional backup for other technical staff as assigned such as database administrator and basic network engineering tasks. 16. Install and maintain hardware and software products and operating systems. 17. Develop and maintain network interface of servers on the District network. 18. Create and maintain software and hardware inventories. 19. Provide support to end users for escalated help desk requests. 20. Assist management in evaluating new hardware and software products and in designing new systems. 21. Perform other duties related to the position as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge of: 1. Physical and VMWare virtualized server environments. 2. Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365) and Windows Server Environments. 3. Database concepts, design and processing techniques. 4. Principles of VoIP systems. 5. Enterprise level backup procedures software and procedures. 6. Hardware and software installation procedures. 7. Principles of host/server operating systems. Skills and Ability to:
1. Perform advanced systems and database administration. 2. Apply the principles and concepts listed above. 3. Educate end users as needed to facilitate troubleshooting and use of technology to perform their work. 4. Analyze and develop logical solutions to problems. 5. Communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral and written form. 6. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. 7. Install, maintain and administer operating systems and application servers.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. Possession of a valid California driver’s license is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree with a major emphasis in computer science, data systems or a related field.
2. Four years of experience installing and maintaining server hardware and software, including direct combined experience with maintenance and administration of Windows Servers in a virtualized server environment.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve ;and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2016, with enrollment of approximately 16,000 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 41%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 1%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse classified staff consisting of 40% Hispanic/Latino, 29% Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 20% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities