Senior IT Support Analyst, UCLA School of Law
Under the supervision of the IT Support Manager, maintain the law school technology equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, etc. Primarily responsible for providing high level technology systems and support services to the general law school community of faculty, staff and students.
Create and maintain the school's desktop images, establish and maintain Active Directory group policies, centrally deploy applications and maintain system and application patches for hundreds of PCs at a time, configure machines, install vendor and third-party software, integrate machines into existing Windows Server network environment, configure home machines, laptops and peripheral devices for remote network connectivity, and troubleshoot various end-user technical problems, provide advanced spyware and virus removal.
Work with network engineers to ensure unique needs of end-users are addressed and to enhance technology services for them. Exercise good judgment when evaluating and prioritizing user requests.
Responsible for following up with end-users, tracking unresolved issues, and reporting significant service issues to IT Managers. Assist with the creation and maintenance of user documentation, internal technical knowledge base, and databases of all IT software and hardware resources.
Provide user training on various software applications and various hardware devices.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 27455 AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Strong customer service orientation and possess the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated skills in personal computer and network systems maintenance using word-processing spreadsheets, database management, communications, programming and systems software. Knowledge of MS operating systems from DOS through Windows 10.
- Ability to evaluate and assess appropriateness and feasibility of new technological developments.
- Working knowledge of basic networking principles, applications, protocols and hardware.
- Working knowledge of cross platform software installation and testing procedures.
- Working knowledge of multimedia workstation configuration in Windows, and input and output devices especially printers.
- Skill in troubleshooting hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct