Systems Administrator II or III
Job ID: 5348 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Systems Administrators work, design and manage complex infrastructure and integrated technical services providing the highest levels of availability, reliability, performance and service in support of Miami University’s academic, research and business missions. This particular position will focus on Architecture (Cloud/ITSM).
Duties Related to Systems Administrator II or III: (Degree of responsibility advances by level.)
- Perform basic IT Service Management activities by identifying and implement necessary improvements in operational processes and procedures to proactively prevent incidents from occurring and proposing appropriate improvement steps (propose new projects, monitoring, procedures, etc.) for supporting IT Service operations performance KPIs.
- Perform system tier II or III administration, configuration and support of the university's Information Technology hybrid infrastructure environment. (VMware, AWS, Azure)
- Performs research and proposes preferred architectural direction in supporting, maintaining and participating in the expansion of the university's Information Technology hybrid infrastructure
- Fosters the adoption and growth of the Universities Cloud strategy through building, supporting College and Departmental usage, proof of concept pilots, and DR/BC deployments.
- Conducts data analytics to identify opportunities in developing methods to track, trend and analyze data in support of improving IT Services operational KPIs
- Conducts data analytics and program development to identify opportunities and develop systems, services and programs for ITSM automated analytics, system services and client support using appropriate tools, services and coding languages.
- May teach one credit bearing course per semester with departmental approval.
- Require a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Analysis, Computer Science or related field earned by date of hire.
- Require 2 years’ experience for appointment as Systems Administrator II and 4 years’ experience for appointment as Systems Administrator III in all of the following:
- Information technology service management and data analytics.
- The installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and security of network and server systems (Hybrid preferred)
- Architectural design of networking, servers and associate subsystems (Hybrid preferred)
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.