Late Night Activities Coordinator
The Late Night Activities Coordinator will reside within the Department of Recreation and Wellness. The Department of Recreation and Wellness is part of the Division of Student Affairs and is part of the Health and Wellness Portfolio. This department provides recreational opportunities for students focusing on wellness and lifelong physical activity as part of the initiatives taken by TCNJ to create a healthy campus.
This position is being funded by a grant with the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services to provide Recovery Support and Environmental Strategies to Prevent and Reduce Substance Abuse on College Campuses in New Jersey.
The Late Night Recreation Coordinator is a Full Time 10 month employee that reports to the Director of Recreation. The Late Night Activities Coordinator is resposnisble for the adminstration and operations of the RECreate Your Night program, which provide activities for students as an alternative to the use of alcohol and other drugs. These programs will occur on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights during the late night hours between 8:00 pm and 2:00 am. The coordinator will work with student staff and other offices and student organizations to facilitate activities. The position has program and policy development expectations and is a member as part of the Department of Recreation and Wellness leadership team. The Late Night Recreation Coordinator will also assist in planning department wide special event programs that assist in providing alternative programming during non late night hours, for example Homecoming. The Late Night Acitivites Coordinator will also lead the department wide student marketing team, that coordinate the marketing for all Department of Recreation and Wellness programs marketing efforts.
Key Roles and Responsibilites:
- Provide leadership and administration for a comprehensive RECreate Your Night Program with scheduled programs on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in recreation facilities. This includes on campus facility scheduling for events, and meetings, promoting and marketing the RECreate Your Night events, purchasing supplies and equipment, and assessing the student participant's satisfaction.
- Assist the Director of Recreation in hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating student staff that support the RECreate Your Night program. Integrate staff professional development and leadership development into training of student staff. .
- Assist the Director of Recreation in developing and maintaining the RECreate Your Night Handbook of policies and procedures. Utilize sound risk management practices in during event creation and implementation, and ensure that campus wide and department risk management protocols are followed.
- Serve as a member of the Committee to Prevent Alcohol and Drug Abuse (CPADA) and contribute to strategic planning and grant reporting efforts as required by the CRC grant. Lead efforts in education and access to students engaged in recreational activities including intramurals, club sports, etc.
- Oversee the Department of Recreation and Wellness marketing efforts for all programs and events. This includes oversight of the student marketing team and assisting in the updating of social media, the webpage, and other marketing strategies.
- Provide leadership and administration of special events that occur during campus programs that the campus, division, or department determine important for alternative programming including but not limited to Recreation Weekend, Welcome Week, and Homecoming.
- Manage the budget as it relates to the Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) line items.Develop and oversee program budgets, billing activities, and maintain detailed records. Maintain records, prepare and analyze data and statistical reports, evaluations and participant surveys.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation, including promoting the deparment's wellness message through collaborating on department wide events and daily interactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Sport Management or appropriate related degree.
- Experience in the administration of a collegiate recreation events
- Experience with risk management planning for small and large scale events
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- Experience training and evaluating student employees
- Ability to communicate proficiently both verbally and in writing
- Master's degree in Sport or Recreation Management, Athletic Administration, Higher Education Administration or related degree
- Active Involvement within NIRSA or affiliated organizationsContact Information
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references This position includes a comprehensive benefits package with health, dental, and prescription plans as well as generous vacation and sick leave allowances. The state title for this position is Project Specialist. The position is a 10 month full time position with a start date of August 1.
Resumes will be considered until a finalist is identified. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools - The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering - offer degrees to nearly 6,800 students. The College's distinguished faculty of 348 full-time members provides a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, and eighty-five percent of classes have enrollments of 30 or fewer. TCNJ's picturesque campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, approximately five miles from New Jersey's state capital of Trenton, and 60 minutes from both Philadelphia and New York City. A 95 percent freshman to sophomore retention rate and a six-year graduation rate of 86 percent speak to the quality of the TCNJ experience.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply