Job Title: Custodian
Job ID: 24470
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 2010, Range 1
Department: University Housing Services
About the Position
Under the work lead direction of the Lead Custodians and the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Custodial Operations, the Custodian performs all duties in their specific assigned work area and is responsible for performing duties in other work areas as needed. Work areas are located within residential facilities and/or administrative offices and include the Classics residence halls, the Campus Village residential facilities and/or the trash/recycling rooms. Incumbents are responsible for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of their work areas. The Custodian is required to use safe, approved methods and frequencies, which have been approved by University Housing Services. This position will be assigned to work weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes full scale cleaning of bathrooms.
- Disinfects scrubs and regularly maintains communal and individual shower areas.
- Disinfects sinks, urinals and toilets.
- Wipes down toilet partitions, mirrors, lockers, doors and window sills.
- Cleans and polishes surfaces as needed.
- Sweeps and mops stairwells and other high traffic areas.
- Mops floors and removes spills as needed.
- Vacuums hallways, study rooms, lounges and other common areas.
- Dusts all flat surface areas, window sills, furniture and other areas within assigned work area.
- Cleans windows, walls and community equipment within assigned work area.
- Empties trash and recycling receptacles into building trash chute or exterior dumpster.
- Replaces plastic liners as needed.
- Washes trash and recycling receptacles as needed.
- Removes trash/debris from common areas as needed.
- Mops floors and removes spills as needed in trash rooms and compactor rooms.
- Ensures that trash immediately outside building entrances/stoops is picked up.
- Remove trash and recycling bins from compactor and/or trash rooms using motorized vehicle to designed pick up area
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24470.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.