Associate Production Manager (SJSU ONLY)
Job Title: Associate Production Manager (SJSU ONLY)
Job ID: 24473
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035, Grade 2
Department: Hammer Theatre
About the Position
Working under the general direction of the Executive Managing Director of the Hammer Theatre Center and in close coordination with Director of Operations, Technical Production Manager, Hammer employees and constituents, the Associate Production Manager is responsible for operational duties related to client and event services. This position coordinates highly detailed programmatic and calendar aspects of the Hammer, including but not limited to: interfacing with on-campus and off-campus Hammer renters and users, Hammer Presents, as well as University units that connect with the Hammer; overseeing all aspects of calendaring and production for the Hammer. Works with EMD, meeting Hammer Presents needs such as coordinating travel, transportation, lodging, fiscal deliverables, and on-site hospitality of artists. Responsible for production crew calls, part-time employee administration, production documentation and processing. Helps plan and produce special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellence in customer service.
- Manages and updates Hammer Theatre Center (HTC) calendar.
- Participates in and coordinates contract negotiations and estimates with clients.
- Administrator for Production purchasing/rentals; purchase requisitions.
- Conducts university, community and Hammer Presents coordination for performances and events.
- Assist in managing incoming productions including advance communications and/or meetings, satisfying technical and production needs of incoming productions; oversee production while on site through the load-out.
- Coordinate the needs of artistic and technical personnel.
- Assist Production Manager in managing expense reporting of each production including rentals, purchases, in-house expenses and personnel.
- Oversees personnel payroll including student, temporary and IATSE hires.
- Oversees permit acquisition for Paseo/Plaza and parking meters.
- Assists EMD in coordinating artist date requirements with Hammer schedule.
- Coordinates fiscal aspects of artist transportation/housing and support services.
- Assist in coordinating outreach to on-campus and off-campus activities.
- Manage artist or agent contract review and execution.
- Produces purchase requisitions for artist/agent.
- Handles invoices/check requisitions for artists/agent.
- Handles fiscal aspects of artist hospitality; secures caterers; shopping.
- Coordinates with artist hospitality host for day-of needs.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24473.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.