Administrative Support Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator
Job ID: 24472
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1035, Range 2
Department: New Student and Family Programs
About the Position
The Administrative Support Coordinator will support the mission of New Student and Family Programs by assisting with administrative duties that support orientation, transition and campus connection programs for both students and family members. The Coordinator will be an initial point of contact between SJSU and students and family members seeking information about orientation and/or family programs at the campus. This position will provide support to the programs, staff, students and family members involved with New Student and Family Programs and will oversee effective operations, budget support, and quality customer service in-person, as well as via phone and email.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain consistent staff coverage of the office space, phone lines and email addresses maintained by New Student and Family Programs, including selecting, training and evaluating student assistants, preparing schedules for assistants and monitoring the payroll and budget for these assistants.
- Plan, organize and review/adjust the workflow of student assistants, including working with the department director and staff to ensure student assistant time is being properly utilized.
- Produce memos, letters, reports, complete complex forms, questionnaires, and other materials using applicable computer software.
- Collaborate with a broad campus network of offices and departments to plan their involvement in New Student and Family Programs.
- Assist with meeting and program preparation including space reservations, room set up, A/V, and other presentation needs.
- Oversee budget/accounting paperwork and processes for New Student and Family Programs. Prepare requisitions, advise on obtaining bids for certain purchases, obtain invoices and receipts, make deposits and process/reconcile all accounts using campus or CSU processes and systems, as applicable.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24472.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.