Senior Admissions Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $96,200
The Senior Admissions Coordinator applies skills as an experienced admissions professional to develop and administer programs that support the recruitment of highly qualified and diverse applicants to the UCR School of Medicine. The incumbent will provide initial contact with applicants who call, email, and/or come to the Office of Admissions, and advise potential applicants on admissions requirements. Travel to and attend regional admissions fairs to support the recruitment of a highly qualified and diverse group of applicants. Provide outreach and function as a liaison to premedical advisors at various colleges and universities to ensure they are updated about admissions standards and requirements. Independently review applications for admission, using professional judgment in determining whether applicant meets the requirements for admission, making exceptions to admissions requirements, and taking into account a variety of requirements. Recommends improvements or modifications to the program.
Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges / universities and specifically at UC, and / or specific colleges and schools.
Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain positive interactions with others and work cooperatively.
Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate statistical data and policy.
Knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA federal regulations. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Knowledge of and experience using software systems in the completion of work assignments (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Basic knowledge of medical school/program admissions policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge of AMCAS, AMP, Banner and/or other student information software systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview