Student Health Services Administrative Director
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator to make a difference in the health and wellness of UCR students. Under the general direction of the Executive Director and/or Assistant Vice Chancellor, the Student Health Services Administrative Director provides leadership and advocacy for the department of Student Health Services. Directs administrative aspects of Student Health including planning, organizing, conceptualization, development, and management of Student Health's services and programs. Directs department operations, financial and capital management, revenue generation and strategic activities for these programs, informing the Interim Senior Director and/or Assistant Vice Chancellor of issues of managerial, financial or political significance.The Administrative Director in concert with the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for ensuring Student Health Services delivers high quality, efficient, cost-effective, and coordinated services that are responsive to and appropriate for the needs of UCR students, the Student Health staff, the UCR community, and other constituencies, in alignment with the missions of Student Health Services and the University of California. Supervises Radiology, Dental, Pharmacy, Insurance, and administrative services. Responsible for ~$9M budget and 10 FTE.
Position must be able to manage fiscal and HR resources.
Thorough knowledge of HR-related policies and procedures. Knowledge of union contracts and preparation of contract negotiations, in consultation with Human Resources.
Position must be able to establish priorities, goals and objectives and timelines for achievement of goals.
Thorough knowledge of budget/fiscal related processes.
Must be able to plan and implement new and revised programs.
Must have project management and organizational leadership skills.
Thorough knowledge of clinical operations. Thorough knowledge associated with managing multiple medical care units and establishing operational efficiencies. Thorough knowledge of health care delivery systems. Thorough knowledge of campus policies, programs and initiatives relating to Health Care services provided to students, faculty and staff.
Must be able to collaborate with medical staff members and others across campus, both internal and external, at all levels in the organization on matters of significance.
Excellent skills needed to interact effectively with outside contact of significance. Excellent decision-making, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Must be computer literate.
Excellent skills in providing and managing the delivery of medical care services to a diverse client population. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff at all levels in the organization, business partners and the medical community.
Skill in effectively leading a complex organization.
Skill in effectively leading a complex organization in a higher education health care setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview