Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Senior Physician
Department: Student Health Services
Date Posted: 02/23/2018
Position Information: Physicians are responsible for providing a broad range of services including medical/surgical diagnostic and treatment services to students, health education and prevention services, prescribing appropriate medication, making appropriate referrals for complicated diagnostic or procedural medical problems and providing follow-up care as recommended.
This is a career appointment for a 10-12 month position, depending on the successful candidate.
This recruitment is for multiple career appointments ranging from 10 to 12 months depending on successful candidate.
Minimum Requirements: Unrestricted license to practice medicine/surgery in the state of California. Maintains active and current DEA certification.
Board certification in an appropriate board as recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
Be able to pass Credentialing and Background check.
Current CPR and AED certification for the treatment of medical emergencies.
Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Knowledge of and skill in proper medical record charting to maintain appropriate quality assurance standards of the clinic.
Skills and knowledge to meet the standards of practice in the local medical community and in accordance with the laws of the state of California.
Knowledge of diagnostic and medical practice covering an extensive and varied range of problems. Ability to handle a versatile caseload to include skin disorders, STD, sports injuries, mental health issues, as well as usual general medical problems.
Courteous and pleasant manner. Ability to treat co-workers with respect and to resolve conflict by acceptable means.
Ability to relate well to students and staff as a provider. Flexibility in working with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, ethnicities and religions. Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
Clinical duties require a reasonable level of manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity. Ability to stand for extended periods of time and the ability to work alone for periods of time that may exceed the normal 8-hour day. Ability to safely lift and move 40 pounds.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a college health/student health center or with the adolescent age group.
Preference will be given to candidates who can best understand, relate to, communicate with, and be understood by young adult patients.
Experience with Point n Click.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview