Degree Audit and Graduation Specialist
Salary: $48,800 - $60,650
Title: Degree Audit and Graduation Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 02/23/2018
Position Information: As a member of the Degree Audit and Graduation team in the Registrar's Office, the Degree Audit and Graduation Specialist is responsible for the application and coding of the Senate approved curriculum within the degree audit, maintaining departmental course plans, and ensuring students with completed curriculum have a conferred degree. The incumbent works cooperatively with academic departments to provide students, faculty, staff, and all other levels of the University community with an accurate interpretation of academic policies to adhere to university, state, and federal regulations. As a member of the Registrar's Office, this position plays a key role in maintaining the integrity of the student record and providing a high standard of customer service.
Minimum Requirements: Working knowledge and demonstrated ability to use complex databases.
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Thorough knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services.
Strong problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability. Ability to assess processes and implement improvements.
Ability to apply thorough knowledge of policies to a variety of individual situations. Recommends procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses, and external agencies.
Thorough knowledge of particular Registrar core functions (e.g., degree requirements, special enrollment, veterans' benefits, and residency).
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures. Utilizes excellent constituent service skills with all interactions.
Skill in effectively analyzing and interpreting policies, practices, and guidelines with strict attention to detail in all areas of work.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and productivity software.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Thorough knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Thorough knowledge of Ellucian's Banner student information system particularly in the areas of academic history, transfer articulation and degree conferral.
Thorough knowledge of Ellucian's Degree Works software and its components of Scribe, Transit, Student Educational Plans, and Surecode.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview