(Full-Time) Business Administration Instructor (Tenure-track, Tehama Campus)
invites applications for the position of:
(Full-Time) Business Administration Instructor (Tenure-track, Tehama Campus)
SALARY: $48,359.83 - $83,137.87 Annually
OPENING DATE: 02/23/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/09/18 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This faculty position is located at our Tehama Campus and will be developing programs and courses while working collaboratively with our Redding faculty. This instructor will be teaching online courses primarily, as well as face-to-face and interactive video conferencing courses. This position will be integral in developing business programs at a young campus while maintaining good relationships throughout the district.
Under administrative leadership, it is the responsibility of the regular/contract college instructor to teach classes, participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students, and support advancement of the vision, mission, and values of the community college district.
CLASSIFICATION: Placement on the current Faculty Salary Schedule is commensurate with previous education and experience.
• This position is contracted for 175 days per year.
• This position is Instructional faculty.
• Starting Salary: $48,359- $83,137/year on the 2017-2018 Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule
• Salary Range: $48,359 - $102,582/year on the 2017-2018 Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule
• $2,000/year doctorate differential
• State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
START DATE: This position is anticipated to start the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester.
BENEFITS: Holiday and sick time will be provided. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
• Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
• Disability Income Insurance
• Cancer Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Accident Only Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
For more information regarding Employment and Benefit Policies, please view the Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement.
SUPERVISOR: Dean of Extended Education or designee.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Responsibilities designated below are primary to the faculty role. Some of the listed professional responsibilities are examples of activities, which are part of the unique role of each faculty member and are reflective of their individual expertise and interests.
• Meet classes/laboratories on days and times as assigned according to the current academic calendar.
• Develop and implement instruction for each class and laboratory period, consistent with the official course outline.
• Develop and distribute during the first week of class, a written syllabus for each course to communicate to students, course objectives, grading criteria and classroom policies.
• Demonstrate respect for student rights as specified in District policy and applicable laws.
• Submit requisitions for textbooks and instructional materials in a timely manner.
• Refer students to tutoring and related student services when appropriate.
• Supervise students in off-campus activities when participation is expected as part of a course requirement or where such supervision is part of the instructor's load.
• Provide academic assistance and related services to students during scheduled office hours.
Evaluation of Students
• Return assignments and examination results in a timely fashion.
• Assign grades to students in the manner provided by District policy and administrative procedure and prescribed by the Education Code and Title V regulations of the State of California.
• Submit required administrative paperwork, including grade report forms, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Participate in the development and review of curriculum as directed.
• Participate in the development of alternative teaching modalities.
• Participate in required professional development activities.
• Continue to develop professional skills and up-to-date subject matter knowledge, potentially including participation in conferences and research activities.
• Participate in presenting staff development programs as needed.
• Schedule, announce to students in all classes, and maintain office hours.
• Attend and participate in department/center meetings.
• Participate in the process of shared governance through committee work of the department, center, college and/or district level; participate in other significant non-classroom college, district or community activities.
• Keep official records required by District policy and administrative procedures and submit them in accordance with college procedures.
• Participate in supervision of student assistants and paraprofessionals as needed.
• Abide by departmental regulations concerning the proper use, care and security of college equipment and District property.
• Advise administration of unsafe conditions or potential hazards and recommend solutions.
• Provide administrators, chairs and coordinators with sample instruction materials as may be deemed necessary, such as examinations, lab projects or course syllabuses.
• Participate in advisory committee meetings as required.
• Report absences due to illness or for personal necessity to the dean or designated officer.
• Recommend purchases of instructional supplies and equipment as needed.
• Consult with supervising administrators on personnel needs; assist with position announcements, recruitment and screening/interviewing committees.
• Participate in the evaluation of regular faculty.
• Fulfill all obligations as established in the current collective bargaining agreement.
Master's in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education OR Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR Bachelor's in economics with a business emphasis AND Master's in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR the equivalent.
To be considered a candidate for this position, the applicant must submit the following materials:
Online Application with Additional Required Materials to be attached to application:
• Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
• Current resume
• College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must also submit all required materials to be considered.
• Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation from administrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or Phone Interviews.
• The District does not provide expense reimbursement for those invited to initial interviews.
• The District does not reimburse for new hire moving expenses.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://www.shastacollege.edu/Human%20Resources/Current%20Openings/Pages/ApplicantResources.aspx
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.