Accountant IV - Foundation, Associate Controller
Accountant IV - Foundation, Associate Controller
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Department of Development Services at Utah Valley University is seeking an associate controller to perform professional complex accounting tasks for the Foundation. Responsible for establishing, implementing, and monitoring accounting procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP, IRS rules and non-profit accounting requirements. Analyze and manage cash flow to effectively control the inflow and outflow of cash and maximize the return on investment. Provides management directed reports such as endowment status, projections, and sensitivity analysis to leadership, board of trustees, and the investment and audit committees. Aids in the annual budget and forecast process. Oversees the day-to-day accounting and reporting of endowment activity and project management to align with donor intent. Oversees and directs the monthly and annual closing process and works with an outside accounting firm to complete the annual audit thru planning and preparation of work papers, schedules, and financial statements. Prepares and files the annual tax return. Prepares investment reconciliations and performance reports and provides required investment and endowment information to UVU for meet State reporting requirements. Serves as a liaison between the Foundation and UVU by providing various reports and answering questions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and four years of related experience plus CPA Certification; or, a Master’s degree in Accounting plus two years of related experience plus CPA Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, auditing standards, internal controls, and federal tax regulations.
- Knowledge of financial statement, report, and tax return preparation.
- Knowledge of computer technology related to accounting systems.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and research; budget development, preparation, and administration; investment and cash management principles and practices; and data processing methods.
- Ability to prepare not-for-profit financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine nonprofit fund accounting as appropriate.
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets; perform fiscal planning; direct the development of complex financial statements and reports; and use computer systems and software in the performance of fiscal planning and development, and scheduling responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to perform highly independent work, make independent decisions and resolve complex accounting and financial problems.
- Ability to communicate results of operations to various constituents.
- Ability to be flexible, to multi-task, to be a creative thinker, and to have good business judgment.
- Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and have the ability to perform complex or highly technical accounting tasks and functions. Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
Physical ability for occasional sitting, walking standing, seeing, and fine hand manipulation, continuous hearing and talking.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $55,384 - $73,846
Advertisement Number: ST64017 Development/Alumni/Donor Staff
Open Date: 02/14/2018
Review Start Date: 02/20/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5590
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.