Manager of Athletic Media Relations
Manager of Athletic Media Relations
Department: External Relations
Posting Number: 201301274P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Must be prepared to work non-business hours and weekends. Work also performed in sports facilities. Travel is required for some road contests of assigned teams.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 02/02/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under general direction of the Director, the Athletic Media Relations Manager is responsible for facilitating the media relations component of the intercollegiate athletics program.
1. Designs and implements media relations strategies for 4-5 athletic teams per year. Responsibilities for this aspect of the position include collaborating with coaching staff to produce timely, accurate and compelling team information, serving as lead team liaison for all media requests, managing team social media accounts, etc.
2. Proactively seeks opportunities for positive media exposure with newspapers, radio, television and any other media outlets, as well as fulfills requests from media outlets.
3. Hires, trains and supervises game day media relations staff (for more than 150 events per year).
4. Required to attend most other team athletic events to fulfill the unit’s media relations responsibilities.
5. Collaborates with the University’s media relations department for the dissemination of athletic information, as well as the response to crisis communication situations.
6. Designs, produces, and disseminates press information guides.
7. Contributes to the management of all aspects of the Athletics website.
8. Contributes to the event management and promotion of athletics events.
9. Assists with the live broadcast (audio and video) of athletics events.
10. Assists in special projects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant verbal and written communication. Occasional lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work also performed in sports facilities. Must be prepared to work non-business hours and weekends. Travel is required for some road contests of assigned teams.
Hiring Range: Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11425
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.