Director of Athletics
Director of Athletics
Posting Number: 201301273P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. May require evening or weekend hours as business demands. Requires travel between campuses and to off-campus locations.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 02/02/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Please also send your application materials to Daniel Parker or Hayden Garret from Parker Executive Search at [email protected] or [email protected]
The Director of Athletics is responsible for the leadership, development and management of a competitive and high quality Division I athletics program that operates within the mission of the University and in compliance with NCAA, West Coast Conference and University rules and guidelines.
1. Strengthen all sports to be competitive at the championship level. Recruit, mentor, support and supervise a diverse pool of strong, ethical and talented coaches to foster success.
2. Strongly support and assure compliance with any and all NCAA, WCC and University of the Pacific policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
3. Advance student well-being and academic success. Ensure the Department’s commitment to maximize the educational potential of all student athletes.
4. Develop and oversee a fundraising plan for Athletics to achieve annual goals.
5. Organize and supervise the entire Athletics’ staff and delegate specific responsibilities to ensure the efficient and productive operation of all administrative and operational business functions of the department.
6. Provide strategic leadership toward goals related to competitiveness, student academic achievement, student-athlete experience, compliance, financial management and event attendance that reflect the mission and values of Pacific as a whole.
7. Be a visible university leader on campus and in the community and represent the University and Athletic Department to external constituents in a manner that demonstrates personal and professional integrity and promotes Pacific’s interests.
8. Represent the University in an exemplary fashion to alumni, friends, prospective students, and the general public, as well as play an active role in the community.
9. Develop and oversee implementation of a plan to increase revenue, attendance and generate overall enthusiasm and excitement for Pacific Athletics across campus and in the community.
10. Encourage diversity and inclusion within the Athletic Department with regard to students, staff, administrators and coaches.
11. Collaborate with other departments on campus on various projects and work to improve relationships between Athletics and other departments on campus.
12. Work to ensure that the goals of the Athletic Department align with the University’s mission and goals.
13. Perform related departmental duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires the use of a computer, phone and other office equipment. Extended periods of sitting. Occasional standing and walking. Infrequent climbing of stairs. May require lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in typical office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. May require evening or weekend hours as business demands. Requires travel between campuses and to off-campus locations.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11418
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.