Interim Director of Accounting Services (TEMPORARY)
Job Title: Interim Director of Accounting Services (TEMPORARY)
Job ID: 24468
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3306, Range 1
Department: Accounting Services
About the Position
*This is a one –year benefited interim appointment.*
The Interim Director of Accounting Services reports to the Associate Vice President for Finance, and is a key member of the finance leadership team. The Interim Director is responsible for reporting the university’s results of operation and financial condition in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles, ensuring internal controls over financial reporting, and keeping abreast of relevant changes in accounting guidance. The Interim Director has budget and personnel management responsibilities for a department consisting of 2 managers and 10 staff accountants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains the integrity of the university’s accounting records.
- Oversees reconciliation of account balances to external records, maintenance of the chart of accounts and related codes and tables, and adherence to federal, state, and CSU financial rules and regulations.
- Oversees comprehensive financial and management reporting for the university and consolidated financial information including the five incorporated auxiliary organizations, consistent with standard accounting practices and policies; organizes and manages external financial audits of the university.
- Recommends initiatives and changes to improve quality and services of a unit/department/division/college.
- Develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
- Initiates and implements plans to solve problems, maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Develops and recommends Accounting Services budget and prepares progress reports.
- Oversees general accounting functions including bank reconciliation, financial aid accounting, accounts receivable maintenance, billing/chargebacks, and property tracking.
- Directs use of PeopleSoft General Ledger, AR/Billing, and Asset Management software.
- Coordinates upgrades and system development from functional manager perspective.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24468.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.