The Academic Advisor position is responsible for advising students, participating in student retention programs, and assisting in the coordination of new student orientation.
The Advisor has an upbeat and positive personality as s/he serves as the face of a continually growing and dynamic organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Working knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Understanding of NWCCD policies and procedures
- Advanced working knowledge of academic advising and retention models
- Knowledge in computerized testing and assessment procedures
- Understanding of integrated database systems
- Excellent human relations, customer service, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Ability to develop and manage comprehensive programs, workshops, activities, services
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using creativity, good judgment and initiative
- Sensitivity to and respect for the various populations we serve
- Positive communication skills – interpersonal, oral and written
- Ability to get along well with others and work as an effective team member
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in academic advising and assessments
- Five years of related college experience highly desirable
- Experience working with individuals of all ages preferred
- Understanding of college admission process
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Some travel required.
- Day & evening hours and occasional weekends.
- Ability to get around campus, to travel, and to host events as necessary to perform functions of the position
- Some lifting may be required.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu