Housing Security Officer
Job Title: Housing Security Officer
Job ID: 24471
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 8820, Range 1
Department: Housing Security Officer
About the Position
The Housing Security Officer receives direction from and reports to the Director of University Housing Services. The Security Officer is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the residents, guest, staff, and facilities of University Housing Services. This position will work nights and weekends. The Security Officer assists with providing public safety services for the SJSU residence community which housing approximately 4200 students, staff and families in two apartment buildings and four residence halls. The position works an alternate schedule, Wednesday to Sunday, midnight to 8:00a.m.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Address Housing concerns as directed by University Housing Services Staff and University Police.
- Report suspected hazards and criminal behavior
- Provide assistance to patrons and staff as requested
- Respond to calls for services
- Check-in with Building Desks 2 to 3 times during shift
- Go on rounds with a building RA on Duty team on a rotating basis
- Serve as escorts to residents within the community
- Utilize the access card system to ensure safety and security of residents
- Utilize Closed Circuit Television surveillance system
- Monitor and check Fire Safety Systems and Alarm
- Produce access cards as needed to provide and/or restrict access
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations
- Assist University housing staff and University personnel with crisis response as appropriate
- Serve on University Housing Services emergency preparedness and crisis response team
- Write housing incident reports including morning reports and providing updates via email
- Work closely with SJSU Police department
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24471.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.