Senior Mail Clerk
Senior Mail Clerk
Department: Mail Services
Posting Number: 201301278P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work performed during standard business hours.
Open Date: 02/17/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Summary Information
Serves as a lead in Mail Room. Responsible for sorting and processing University mail.
1. Determines appropriate mailing methods and rates for mailing letters, parcel and packages.
2. Oversees University mailings to ensure they are compliant with USPS regulations.
3. Sorts and weighs mail, affixes proper postage.
4. Determines what projects are sent to the Pre-Sort company to ensure most cost-effective method is used.
5. Oversees department in the absence of the Mail Room Supervisor.
6. Delivers mail and packages to departments when needed.
7. Assists in maintaining warehouse stock.
8. Uses forklift as needed.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed in mail room/warehouse environment. Work performed during standard business hours. May be exposed to varying temperatures. Constant standing, walking, lifting, stretching, reaching and bending. Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range Min $14.28 per hour to Mid $18.28 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11504
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.