Custodial Worker III - Facilities, Planning and Management
Under supervision, this position performs general custodial services in and around buildings, replaces light bulbs, removes snow, relocates and sets up furniture and equipment. This position also performs or assists in cleaning services completed by Custodial Worker I.
- Cleans restrooms; fills toilet paper towel holders and disinfects the facilities on a daily basis.
- Cleans and washes all chalkboards, cleans erasers, as well as distributes chalk and erasers.
- Cleans all classrooms; straightens desks, cleans cabinets, and Venetian blinds.
- Cleans all light fixtures and changes light bulbs up to 10ft
- Cleans all walls, ceilings, doors, and frames.
- Cleans all windows, inside and outside. Cleans appliances; washes interior and exterior.
- Cleans drinking fountains; sanitizes daily.
- Cleans telephone booths; wipes entire booth, sweeps, and mops inside and outside.
- Locks and unlocks buildings when required.
- Cleans and maintains floors, including hard surfaced floors, stairs, carpeted floors, stairs and walk-off mats.
- Operates and cleans all custodial equipment.
- Orders and stocks custodial supplies in custodial closets.
- Relocates furniture and prepares setups for University functions.
- Removes and disposes of all litter, waste paper, and other debris throughout the University.
- Sweeps and removes leaves, snow and trash from entrances, steps and walks leading to sidewalk areas.
- Performs set-ups for the University of Denver functions.
- Moves various equipment, supplies, and furniture manually or by use of truck.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reasoning Ability: Detailed, but easy to follow procedures.
- Daily priorities are established and frequently monitored by supervisor.
- Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Some knowledge of standardized work routines and the ability to follow oral/written instructions involving a number of steps.
- Knowledge of all types of custodial equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and able to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must Pass Pre-Placement Physical
- Two years of custodial work experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Moderate to strenuous physical effort required. This job requires long intervals of standing, walking, bending, and repetitive motions of the hand-wrist and elbow-shoulder. One must handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls with hands and fingers; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10 feet tall and balance. The job entails working in small dusty and dirty enclosed areas. Workers are also required to push-pull, carry and lift objects of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.