Department: Internal Auditor
Posting Number: 201301271P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work performed during standard business hours of 8AM - 5PM, M-F. Additional hours may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Position is eligible for flex-time and hours may be modified during summer with approval of flex time proposal. Some in-state travel required.
Open Date: 02/09/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a writing sample of a redacted audit report that you have primarily written. If you have not written a redacted audit report, please provide a writing sample of comparable length.
Position Summary Information
The Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal audit assignments which vary in complexity and are carried out with supervision from the Senior Internal Auditor and/or the Director of Internal Audit. The Internal Auditor is responsible for and conducting financial, compliance and operational audits of campus organizations, departments and functions to determine the adequacy of controls, the degree of compliance with established policies and procedures, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the area under review.
1. Under the direction of the Director and (as assigned) the Senior Internal Auditor, plans the scope of the audit, prepares the audit program, and determines the appropriate auditing procedures and examination techniques to be applied in compliance with established guidelines and principles of auditing.
2. Performs audit assignments which involve research and analysis of University policies and procedures, accounting principles, governance practices, and regulatory obligations to evaluate compliance with laws, policies, procedures, and regulation.
3. Independently performs continuous monitoring and assess various activities to identify potential operational, financial, or compliance risks or potential fraud which warrant audit attention.
4. Prepares and organizes audit workpapers that adequately support audit conclusions and recommendations and which adhere to prescribed internal auditing standards for workpaper content and presentation.
5. Exercises independent decision making and professional judgement in assessing the level of risk in findings and appropriate recommendations to remediate identified issues.
6. Present oral presentations to auditees and other campus administrators during and at the conclusion of the audit covering the results of the audit and recommendations for corrective action.
7. Prepares formal written reports covering the results of assigned audit projects and participates in report reviews with auditees and campus management.
8. Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
9. Contributes to the overall success of the University by working as a team member or independently on audits and special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
10. Maintains currency of all certifications and maintains knowledge of new technology, changing control risks, and related control techniques through appropriate continuing professional education.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours of 8AM - 5PM, M-F. Additional hours may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Position is eligible for flex-time and hours may be modified during summer with approval of flex time proposal. Some in-state travel required.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11455
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.