Department: Physical Plant
Posting Number: 201301269P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work performed during standard business hours.
Open Date: 02/08/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Summary Information
Under general supervision performs semiskilled work assisting journey level and skilled trades people in trades such as Plumbing, Carpentry, Building Maintenance, Electrical, Painting and HVAC. Employees may perform routine, minor repairs and other tasks independently.
1. Assists journey level staff in various painting projects.
2. Assists journey level plumbers with plumbing duties including but not limited to simple repairs and clearing of minor drain clogs.
3. Assists journey level HVAC technicians, performs maintenance on HVAC equipment, changes filters and lubricates equipment.
4. Assists unit's personnel in general maintenance, construction, remodels, and preventative maintenance on campus buildings.
5. Makes simple repairs and maintenance to service vehicles under the guidance and supervision of mechanic.
6. Confirms fire extinguishers are in the proper location, are charged and tagged.
7. Tests emergency lights; replaces light bulbs, covers and ballasts; and assists journey level Electricians.
8. Delivers supplies or runs errands in support of unit staff or project.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Duties and responsibilities listed above are typical of those assigned; they are not intended to be exclusive but rather to reflect the level of work performed.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed both in and out of doors, at times in confined areas and hot and cold environments. Work performed during standard business hours. Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights, on scaffolds and other above ground locations such as roofs. Must be able to lift/carry up to 70 lbs, must be able to push/pull force up to 70 lbs. Constant standing and walking. Frequent bending, kneeling, squatting and climbing. Occasional reaching above shoulders or use of hands in gripping motion.
Requires Asbestos Physical and Respiratory Fit Testing.
Union membership required.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must able be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring RangeUnion guidelines, non-exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11448
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.