Payroll Specialist - Business Office (S069)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position is responsible for processing, auditing and approving the student employee bi-weekly payroll for over 2,000 employees. Responsibilities include all pre-processing tasks including setting up direct deposit and creating batched pay data, uploading automated time and attendance data and AP information and other pay-related documents. Tasks also include all post-production steps including auditing and downloading reports. Specialist will provide excellent customer service to all individuals with whom contact is made and participate in team tasks with the goal of transmitting an error-free payroll to an outside vendor for processing.
- High School Graduate, additional education in business or accounting desirable.
- Minimum of two years of ADP payroll experience in a high-volume company, preferably higher education.
- Proven basic to moderate understanding of core payroll fundamentals, including paycheck calculation, wage and hour laws and payroll taxes
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of Kronos or similar automated timekeeping system
- Ability to comprehend the data in available resources and reports to (1) communicate effectively with employees and the HR Department in explaining pay statement related inquiries, (2) organize data for internal and external agency audits and (3) assist with quarterly and year end reconciliation
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail in a high-volume, busy environment.
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of MS Word and Excel, general ledger accounts, reporting regulations and general reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.