Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Department: Univ Development Administration
Posting Number: 201301275P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary-based on business needs.
Open Date: 02/06/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Summary Information
Under general supervision provides administrative support to fulfill objectives of a large department, unit, or school.
1. Performs administrative duties for a unit, school or department using working knowledge of the unit's policies, procedures and practices.
2. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice.
3. Schedules and coordinates internal meetings and travel itineraries with unit personnel.
4. Provides budget and financial support:
5. Orders unit's supplies, oversees equipment maintenance and duplicating services.
6. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
7. Coordinates unit's calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
8. Organizes and/or assist with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
9. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of web-site.
10. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary-based on business needs.
Hiring RangeMin $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11444
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.