Content Manager (Web)
Reporting to the Associate Director of creative strategy, the Content Manager, web, will produce high-quality, actionable and cutting-edge marketing and web content designed to elevate Temple's reputation for a variety of platforms and audiences including, but not limited to: enhancing the Temple brand and reputation nationally, increasing alumni engagement, and building prospective student awareness and engagement.
Creates compelling advertising, branding and marketing content for email, paid online media, print and web that integrates seamlessly with the university's overall strategy and across platforms. Manages marketing platforms with a deep knowledge of Temple's audiences, and actively works to improve engagement metrics. Collaborates with design, web and digital strategy colleagues to develop creative strategy and messaging and powerful materials that deliver strategic messages, align with strategic goals, and are user-oriented, valuable, usable, sharable, findable and measurable. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in informational content for the web. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven success in writing professional web copy, with the ability to produce crisp, compelling, optimized copy while maintaining brand messaging, persuasiveness and readability. Strong visual communicator.
* Fluency in multimedia, digital content production and SEO best practices.
* Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure. Self-motivated with a can-do, problem-solving attitude. Proven success in producing industry-leading creative campaigns preferred. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. Experience and familiarity with content management systems, Photoshop, Excel, social media and analytics tools. Deep understanding of user needs and behaviors.
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy of work.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively and collaboratively work as part of a cross-functional team.
* Superior organizational skills - must be able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
* Excellent project management, analytic, communication and diplomacy skills
* Must be able to work well under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills including the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with supervisors, colleagues and campus partners.
* Ability to attend staff events as needed (including occasional nights and weekends).
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.