Research Asst Professor
Clemson University: Vice President for Academic Affairs: School of Health Research
Research Program Director- Health ResearchLocation: 701 Grove Road,Greenville,SC 29605
Clemson University's School of Health Research seeks a senior-level leader with both research acumen and academic experience to direct a large, multi-site research project with the Greenville Health System. Clemson University School of Health Research (CUSHR) is a multidisciplinary unit of Clemson that facilitates medical research and scholarship. In collaboration with the Greenville Health System, Clemson faculty members are producing breakthroughs in health care delivery, access and affordability. This research provides our faculty and students opportunities to engage in applied research, professional learning, and immersion experiences. Clemson University is the primary research partner for the Greenville Health System's Health Sciences Center.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the skills, leadership, and vision for the successful management and implementation of a multi-site health-related research study - 26 sites in 8 states. The Director will serve as the lead administrator for a four-arm comparative effectiveness study evaluating Hepatitis C treatment models of directly observed therapy (DOT) versus patient navigating in two health settings (either a methadone clinic or at a community-based health service setting) funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute.
Appropriate candidates may be considered for Research Faculty appointments. The Director will be based at the Clemson University Center for Nursing, Health Innovation and Research at the Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC).
Additional responsibilities of the Faculty Director will include:
• Develop, establish, monitor, and maintain project protocol at all sites
• Responsible for managing, drafting, and submitting (1) progress reports, (2) research publications, (3) research presentations, and (4) grant applications
• Manage all budgets for each subcontract site, handle financial reporting and tracking, and manage vouchers for payment from funder (PCORI)
• Facilitate regular meetings with all project staff, especially key stakeholders
• Supervise project staff at all sites
• Monitor and oversee implementation at all sub-study sites, including possible field visits. This will require travel (approximately 5% time)
• Coordinate with administrative staff at all partnering sites to manage all subcontracts with sub-study sites and staff
• Assess fidelity of protocol implementation at all sites
• Manage all IRB documentation, amendments, etc.
• Work with the Data Coordinating Center to manage data collection and data quality for all sites
• Develop materials needed for provider and staff education
• Recruit, train, and supervise staff at Clemson/GHS
• Understand HCV transmission, treatment, and risk factors
• Other related projects
• Other duties as assigned
Doctoral degree and significant research and project management experience.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume by March 12, 2018. This position will be open until filled. This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge. Apply Now!
For help signing up, accessing your account, or submitting your application please check out our help and support section or get in touch via email at [email protected] or phone at (877) 997-8807.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.