The Assistant Director at the Center for Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for the management, support, and execution of Social Justice Programs, which enrich students’ educational, social, and cultural experiences. Provides services and support needed by underrepresented student and the campus community. The successful Assistant Director will work with a wide variety of constituents on and off campus to support and assess the needs of students.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute the campus Social Justice Lecture Series.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute the Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Week events.
- Coordinate the MiCUP Summer Research Program, a 7 week residential research program for community college students.
- Assist with Cultural Competency Training curriculum development, training and assessment.
- Advise and provide leadership and programmatic support for at least one underrepresented student group directly and assist and support indirectly other underserved student groups.
- Lead the effort in providing oversight and management for the heritage month programs and events (Black History Month, Hispanic History Month, Native American History Month, etc.).
- Master’s degree in education, higher education administration, student development or a related field.
- Three years of experience in Student Affairs or comparable work experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including a strong attention to detail, prioritization, and time management.
- Demonstrated experiences developing and managing recruitment and/or retention-based programs for students.
- Demonstrated evidence of work experience with a culturally diverse student body and staff with a commitment to fostering diversity, access, inclusion and equity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental needs of students of color and LGBTQIA+ students.
About Michigan Tech
Founded in 1885, Michigan Tech is a leading public research institution, home to more than 7,000 students from 60 countries around the world. The University fosters a world-class and diverse faculty, staff, and student population, with more than $72.5 million in total research expenditures and 19 research centers and institutes. Our beautiful campus in Michigan's Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
Michigan Technological University is an equal opportunity educational institution/equal opportunity employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply online: https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/6479