Executive Vice President
Creighton University seeks nominations and applications for the Executive Vice President (EVP) position. The EVP will have the opportunity to lead, champion, and implement efforts to achieve the University’s strategic goals and to develop strategies to strengthen its business, financial, and administrative plans and policies. The EVP is an executive officer of the University and the third member of a trio of top leadership at Creighton, working closely with the President and Provost. The position is responsible for leading and directing Continuous Improvement, Facilities Management, Finance, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Public Safety, and University Communications and Marketing. This position also provides administrative oversight for, and coordination with, Athletics, General Counsel, and University Relations. The EVP also is responsible for directing the Enterprise Risk Management process. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced and confident leader with strategic vision who has a documented history of successfully leading and managing at the executive level. Creighton seeks a collaborative leader and effective communicator whose personal and professional experiences reflect a commitment to and knowledge of the higher education landscape, with a strong preference for candidates with demonstrable alignment with the University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission. Having recently approved a new strategic plan, Creighton seeks candidates willing to partner with the campus community; its President, the Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson,SJ; and Provost Thomas F. Murray, PhD, to advance the University’s important journey to an even bolder future. And, with Creighton’s academic partnership with CHI Health and Dignity Health as well as its role in the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance, it is poised to expand its health sciences programs both in Omaha and Phoenix; Creighton seeks candidates who are able to continue moving these partnerships forward. The University seeks a proven leader with the vision and commitment to lead Creighton University into the future. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate passion, be a dynamic communicator and proven collaborator, and be able to facilitate a culture of trust and confidence. The candidate will be equipped to creatively and thoughtfully develop solutions to the challenges that face Creighton as the University looks to the future.
The successful candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Appreciation of and commitment to Creighton University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity.
- At least 10 years of extensive executive leadership experience in a complex organization.
- Master of Business Administration or other related degree or professional certification.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues facing institutions of higher education.
- Prior financial and/or administrative leadership experience in a higher education and/or health care context is desirable.
- Experience in employing effective problem-solving and leadership skills to bring about transformational change and help the University reach the next level of an integrated and sustainable approach to planning, operations, and management.
- Ability to implement and manage effective, sustainability-focused change efforts within the culture of a university.
- Proven breadth and depth of experience across accounting, finance, investment, internal controls, and management/leadership of operational practices and processes that enhance financial results.
- Experience with strategic, operational, and capital planning at an enterprise level.
- Proven ability to successfully manage relationships, organizational change, and outcomes.
- Experience in the implementation of strategic planning efforts.
- Fundamental knowledge of how varied forms of institutional data can be leveraged in decision-making.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Successful record of community engagement and networking.
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination. Disclosure Statement: This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.