Job Description Summary
The Coordinator is a full-time position working with the assigned department chair or graduate director and reporting to the Dean for the School of Arts & Sciences providing administrative support to faculty in the department and the students
Duties and Tasks:
- Maintain current student information and records.
- Resolve concerns between faculty and students as appropriate.
- Check course equivalents in appropriate databases.
- Process registrations into classes, graduation applications, student course evaluations, etc.
- Process adds, drops and withdrawals.
- Prepare adjunct contracts.
- Obtain course transfer credit approvals, resolve questions and problems with advisors, records office and students as well as prior approval for students for off-campus study using Program Update Request.
- Assist department chair with scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, department records, office and department supplies, correspondence and mail.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree preferred.
- Two years' experience in an office, clerical or closely related environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to use computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Internet and Frontview (Colleague Student System).
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.