Duties: Reporting to the Libraries' Architect/Senior Project Manager, provide Architectural and Interior Design support to the Libraries' Facilities Planning & Construction Office. This office works in collaboration with Facilities Real Estate Services (FRES) Project Managers and the Office of the University Architect. Responsible for projects that range from the selection of replacement furniture for Offices, to being part of the Libraries' team for larger projects working with external consultants managed by FRES.
Job duties include: +Create and document conceptual designs, develop space planning layouts, select and plan furniture and equipment layouts, and signage design drawings using AutoCAD LT and Adobe creative Suite programs for review and approval by Library Architect. +Responsible for projects that range from the selection of replacement furniture for Offices, to being part of the Libraries' team for larger projects working with external consultants managed by FRES, with budgets ranging up to $18,000,000. +Oversee installations and completion of furniture, finishes, punch list and project close out. +Compile and maintain accurate space plans of existing conditions including furnishings/equipment. +Maintaining interior design standards, budgets and records. +Keeping drawings up to date for all of the Penn Libraries, and reporting to team leadership. +Manage a wide range of project types annually with an estimated budget of $ 2,500,000. + Exercise professional design judgment, creativity and analysis in design assistance. +Assist end-user Assistant University Librarians and managers in preparation of program statements. +Provide basis of design documentation in order to solicit competitive bids from contractors, vendors and design professionals. +Develop and maintain project budgets, project timelines and files. +Provide monthly status reporting on project portfolio and occasional ad-hoc reports. + Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time and within client expectations and within budget. +Provide direction for Professional School Graduate student(s) in Facilities Planning and Construction Office as the need arises.
This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 0-1 year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are requited. Two years of design experience, including project management, in interior architecture projects, strongly preferred. Higher Education experience preferred.
* Strong knowledge of materials and specifications, furniture sourcing and vendor resources.
* Demonstrated understanding of coordination and integration of building services with space planning needs.
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and resolve complex spatial and architectural design issues.
* Basic knowledge of Building Life Safety Codes, ADA and LEED guidelines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically with senior administration, end users, consultants and contractors.
* Creative, self-motivated designer with good technical skills.
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and all Adobe Creative Suite programs, Sketch-Up, MS Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Reference Number: 50-27994
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Library Facility Planning
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: L-Engineering/Construction/Facilities/Maintenance