Duties: Working under the guidance of the Administrative Manager, provide administrative assistance support for the Chair, including:
* Assist with management of Chair's calendar; ensure that all logistics are complete and that the Chair is provided with all appropriate background documentation for all meetings.
* Schedule Departmental meetings with Chair and prepare minutes as appropriate, in a timely manner.
* Schedule travel for the Chair, including attendance at external meetings and conferences, internal meetings and visits to other sites within Penn Medicine, and meetings/events with alumni, collaborators, and donors.
* Prepare, submit and track travel reimbursements & requests for payment for Chair.
* Assist with the preparation of correspondence, reports, documents and presentations for both internal and external audiences, including complex and sensitive communications, maintaining discretion and confidentiality at all times and ensuring timeliness of all activities.
Support development efforts for the department, in collaboration with the Development Office, including:
* Work closely with the Vice Chairs, Program Directors, Core Directors, and with individual clinical and research faculty to maintain an understanding of the Department's key patient care and research programs, including the Skin Biology and Disease Resource-based Center, and the Penn Dermatology Oncology Center, and to collaborate in developing communication strategies with unified messages in support of development and marketing efforts.
* Assist with creating proposals for donors, and developing marketing and communication materials to highlight the Department's academic and clinical achievements and community service efforts in a variety of formats such as newsletters, websites content, brochures, and videos.
* Coordinate site visits, donor events, and follow up communications, including professional interactions with prospective donors. Develop and maintain strong relationships with alumni and associated faculty, including outreach efforts to ensure integration and engagement in endowed events such as dinners, luncheons, and galas.
Serve as project coordinator and central point of contact for communication, change management, and organization of activities to support implementation of departmental strategic plans, including:
* Assist with preparing and updating department Strategic Plan documents, and develop minutes/action plans from faculty meetings and Strategic Leadership Team meetings.
* Oversee development and distribution of department newsletters, and work closely with faculty and administrative leaders to develop and update content for department website and social media pages.
* Coordinate developmental learning and integration opportunities for faculty and administrative leaders, including training programs/events and annual retreats
* Draft presentations for faculty and staff meetings to outline strategic plans, progress and accomplishments, and key metrics. Develop and maintain dashboards and other communication tools to capture and communicate information against the department's tripartite mission.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required. College degree or coursework a plus. Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills plus ability to work independently and prioritize tasks. Ability to work cooperatively with diverse set of constituencies is essential, in addition to exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail. Must possess excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite) with working knowledge of web applications and the ability to create informative and engaging presentations and written communications in a variety of formats.
Reference Number: 40-27995
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative