Nurse Practitioner - Mineola
Nurse Practitioner - Mineola-1703710
Required Qualifications: (As evidenced by an attached resume)Requires license to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State. Master's degree in nursing or completion of a course for Nurse Practitioner and certification as a Nurse Practitioner. One year of full-time work experience as a Nurse Practitioner in general internal medicine. Preferred Qualifications: .Two additional years of NP experience in general internal medicine. Oncology experience. Familiarity with NCCN guidelines and performing phlebotomy, conducting spirometry tests and EKGs. Familiarity working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Bilingual Spanish/English. Knowledge of WTC Health Program policies and procedures. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see "Special Notes”). Brief Description of Duties: The Nurse Practitioner must be proficient with computers and must be able to work independently and as a member of a team. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct monitoring examinations for the WTC Monitoring Program patients under the supervision of the Director or designee.
- Provide treatment to WTC Program patients for WTC covered conditions including but not limited to aero digestive diseases and psychological and social problems. Actively participate in our Collaborative Care Model of healthcare delivery.
- Make referrals as appropriate to other healthcare providers and/or consult with physicians for further definitive therapy.
- Perform necessary administrative duties associated with the WTC program including but not limited to completing final letters, Worker’s Compensation, SSI (supplemental security income), LODI (line of duty injury), attorney- requested forms, letters, as well as certification for WTC-related illnesses, which is required of member services.
- Work with Cerner electronic medical records system for all patient charting documentation.
- Maintain ongoing communication with physicians, social workers, Clinical Administrator, nurses and other staff relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver's license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Job Field: Nurse Practitioner
Primary Location: US-NY-Mineola
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30-5:00Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Dec 22, 2017
Posting End Date: Jan 5, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $85-110K Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: E79