Research Specialist I/II
Requisition # 2018-8513
Department Molecular Biology
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Department of Molecular Biology seeks applicants for a Research Specialist position to join a laboratory focused on microbiology. The successful candidate will work with the P.I. and senior lab staff to design and perform experiments.
Specific duties will include:
- Organic extraction of small molecules from biological sources, including supernatants, cell pellets, aggregates, and growth matrices.
- Seting up, running and maintaining LC/MS and LC/MS/MS equipment including routine maintenance and QC.
- Analyzing and interpreting molecular signatures of complex biological samples to identify molecules using LC/MS/MS
- Opportunity to learn molecular biology and microbiology techniques.
- Some routine lab maintenance, organization, safety and ordering duties.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in science-related field (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, etc.).
- Documentation of training in LC/MS.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and implementing analytical methods on LC/MS.
- Basic chemical and biochemical methods and computer literacy.
- Experience in separation of complex mixtures of biologicals using standard LC and HPLC techniques.
- Highly motivated and have demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and carry out independent research.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to communicate effectively, to work as part of a team, and a willingness to learn new techniques
The finalist will be required to pass a background check.
- Previous experience with chemistry and/or biochemistry is desired.
Level/grade will be commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.