Sr Technical Support Staff II
Requisition # 2018-8515
Department Prn Inst F/T Sci & Tech of Mat
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Institute for the Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM) and the Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE) are seeking a full-time senior technical support staff. This position will be expected to work closely with students, faculty, research staff and administrative staff from two departments in design and conduct of laboratory experiments for course work in the fields of materials science and chemical engineering. This position will also be responsible for independently troubleshooting repairs and general maintenance (service, cleanliness and operations) for a wide variety of equipment - mechanical and electromechanical in teaching laboratories, academic spaces and in central facilities.
- Provide technical support and supervision for the CBE undergraduate lab (CBE 346) including designing and repairing, rebuilding and upgrading of experiments, instructing students in the safe and proper operation of machinery in the lab.
- Maintain and provide technical support for courses utilizing the PRISM teaching lab space.
- Maintain adequate levels of expendable supplies for both CBE and PRISM lab spaces.
- Perform periodic safety inspections in labs, including updates and maintenance to emergency notification posters.
- Serve as technical support and facilities coordinator for Bowen Hall and shared facilities including safety, hazardous materials, equipment set-up, maintenance and other facility issues.
- Monitor and provide billing information for the liquid and gaseous nitrogen use of Bowen Hall tanks.
- Maintain Bowen Hall reservations system for classrooms and other spaces.
- Manage and maintain poster printing facility in Bowen including user support and invoicing.
- Assist with maintenance in the PRISM central facilities including helping to maintain water chillers, gas cylinders, liquid nitrogen, preventative maintenance, minor repairs and installations.
- Other facility related projects as assigned in CBE and PRISM.
- Bachelor's degree in material science/engineering background or equivalent experience.
- Ability to manipulate electronic and mechanical components.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical, electromechanical and other equipment malfunctions.
- Experience in the following domains: optics, imaging, instrumentations and electronics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat suites.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.