Assistant Vice President of Development Corporate and Foundation Relations
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:5331 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
As an integral member of the Office of Development and Division of University Advancement, the Assistant Vice President will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations to provide vision, leadership and creativity in building a comprehensive and successful program that is focused on holistic, strategic external relationships and value added, transparent internal relationships. The successful candidate will develop and execute campus-wide strategies for partnering with philanthropic and scientific foundations in support of the mission and priorities of Miami University. The Assistant Vice President will be an outstanding leader who is self-motivated and effectively partners with a diverse group of internal stakeholders including faculty, staff, and volunteers.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with 20,000 students enrolled in over 120 areas of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with its nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from corporate and foundation partners. The corporate and foundation relations team at Miami University is significantly expanding. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning corporate and foundation relations team will play a critical role it the success of that effort.
1. Assists the Associate Vice President for Corporate and Foundation Relations in the development and management of fundraising strategies for presidential level corporate and foundation partners.
2. Identifies, cultivates, and solicits regional and national foundations to support the mission and priorities of Miami University.
3. Builds effective working relationships with the Office for the Advancement of Research and Scholarship (OARS), the Center for Career Exploration and Success (CCES), and other campus partners.
4. Provides consultation and support serving as the primary point of contact for foundation relations for University colleagues.
5. Builds and oversees a cohesive, functional proposal development and stewardship plan in coordination with the Office of Stewardship and Donor Relations.
6. Advises and supports faculty and administrators in the preparation of comprehensive proposals, as well as valuable input concerning multiunit tasks across campus.
7. Responsible for hiring and managing a team of grant writers.
Bachelor’s degree eight years of experience in a nonprofit setting; experience with cultivating relationships with industry and/or foundation entities; proven leadership techniques, outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; experience in the collection, analysis and use of data; working knowledge of computers and database management.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.