Assistant Football Coach
The Assistant Football coach will assist the Head Football coach in instructing students in sport fundamentals, sportsmanship, and leadership, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning.This will be a 12 month, full-time, exempt position within the athletic department. This position will work specifically with offensive skill players.Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Coaching responsibilities as assigned by the head coach, to include; instructing students on sport fundamentals, setting goals, setting clear expectations, and providing feedback to students
• Assist in the organization, preparation, and coaching of the Husson Football Team to include:
o attendance at all practices, scrimmages, and games
o recruiting and scouting off-campus
o attendance at pre-season training
• Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / ECFC / ECAC) and Husson University
• Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success
• Assist in monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes and teaching athletes to work together
• Assist with recruiting to include: on-campus tours, phone calls, front rush management, and off-campus viewing
• Assist in teaching athletes on strength and conditioning and provide general instruction of the team
• Responsibility to meet on a daily basis with the head coach concerning all areas of instruction, training, scrimmages, games, and recruiting activities
• Directly responsible to the head coach for all related assignments concerning the football program
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required
Experience: Proven experience in playing or coaching at the high school or intercollegiate level. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Working knowledge of coaching offensive skill players. The ability to work with Front Rush recruiting software, and the ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.
Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of support roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.