Director, IPE Simulation Center
Director, IPE Simulation Center
Resurrection University, (www.resu.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Director of the Inter-Professional Education (IPE) Simulation Center. Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the new Director is responsible for creating a shared, multi-year programmatic vision in coordination with key stakeholders, and for planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating simulation-based learning across university programs. Primary responsibilities include management of the simulation center, coordination of simulation activities across programs and departments, faculty development, future planning, collaboration with marketing, and guiding use of the simulation center for research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrates the Simulation Center with an Inter-Professional Education philosophy to provide a learning environment for students and faculty in the Colleges of Allied Health and Nursing.
- Manages the use of the university’s simulation resources, coordinate curricular integration of simulation throughout the academic programs, and to strengthen the support inter-professional initiatives.
- Designs and implements educational programs for faculty development in use of clinical simulation, debriefing, and assessment.
- Oversees the collection of data and evaluates simulation learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborates with faculty on disseminating findings and ensuring that instruction is consistent with professional standards.
- In collaboration with course directors, designs and evaluates clinical simulation curriculum to ensure that expected competencies are being taught to students.
- Serves as a consultant to internal and external constituencies.
- Prepares reports on simulation program activities, standards, external meetings, educational concerns, and student successes.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures to ensure the safe, effective, and efficient use of the center’s space, equipment, and supplies.
- Manages costs and revenues for the Simulation Center and plans for replacement of existing equipment and purchase of new technology.
- Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) and Patient Information Systems (e.g., EPIC) professionals to design and deliver onsite, web-based, or distance learning simulation experiences.
- Collaborates and assists with IRB-approved research studies.
- Develops entrepreneurial initiatives related to clinical simulation that extend beyond academic programming to optimize revenue and available resource opportunities.
- Master’s degree in education, health professions, or a related field required.Doctorate in education, health professions, or a related field preferred.
- CHSE – Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in simulation-based education and training or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with designing and implementing educational programs, evaluation of outcomes, and assessment of adult learners.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and evaluate patient simulation scenarios.
- Current with simulation education research and practice.
- Familiarity with use and maintenance of simulation equipment.
- Collaborative approach to working with faculty, staff, and students.
- Commitment to fostering diversity and inclusivity.
- Proficient with learning management system and database management.
- Capable of working with actors who serve as standardized patients.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills to represent simulation resources internally and to external constituencies.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
About the University
Resurrection University, located in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, is an accredited institution of higher education that focuses on professional health care education. Founded in 1914 as West Suburban College of Nursing, Resurrection is a part of Presence Health (the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois) and home to a College of Nursing that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Nursing, and the College of Allied Health that offers undergraduate degrees in Health Information Management and Radiography.
The University offers its students an education that integrates personal and professional growth, compassionate service, and scholarly activities. Resurrection University exclusively uses an upper division program design, which means the classrooms are a lively blend of students who transfer in liberal arts, general education, and pre-requisite courses from a variety of institutions. Once admitted, students, who are an average age of 31, focus on the health science program of their choice. The University awards baccalaureate degrees in nursing (BSN and BSN for RN programs), imaging technology (BSIT pre and post-licensure programs), and health informatics and information management (BSHIIM). The University also awards graduate degrees in nursing (MSN and DNP).
The College of Nursing, the College of Allied Health, and Resurrection University are accredited, respected, and recognized for excellence in healthcare. Resurrection University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC- AQIP) and a member of the North Central Association, the College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the College of Allied Health through the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) and by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Resurrection University is being assisted in the search by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt at ResU@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to March 26, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
Resurrection University provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law. Resurrection University is also committed to providing a professional, respectful and safe work environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply for Director, IPE Simulation Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly