Associate Director, Major Gifts - Booth School of Business
The Associate Director of Major Gifts at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business implements comprehensive fundraising strategies to raise major gifts in support of the mission and priorities of the school. The Associate Director identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of current and potential donors with capacity to make gifts in excess of $100,000. Meets with prospects and donors in the New York Tri-State area. Plans and organizes several cultivation events per year for small groups of high-level donors. Works effectively and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to achieve development goals and objectives. This position is based in New York City and requires approximately 30% travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet, qualify and manage a portfolio of approximately 110 prospects. Develop strong relationships to build connection with and support for the school.
2. Meet or exceed activity goals for prospect visits, qualifications, solicitations, and funds raised.
3. Close gifts in excess of $100,000 and meet Annual Fund dollars raised goal.
4. Develop and utilize creative methods to qualify prospects who have been identified as potential donors with a capacity to make major gifts.
5. Record all prospect actions and activities in the University Prospect Management System.
6. In conjunction with the Chicago Booth stewardship department, create and administer stewardship plans.
7. Collaborate with Chicago Booth departments (Annual Fund, Career Services, Admissions, Global Initiatives, etc.) on donor and prospect cultivation activities.
8. Identify and contact additional prospects through collaboration with Chicago Booth research and prospect management.
9. Coordinate with campus partners in fundraising and non-fundraising areas.
10. Actively participate in building and sustaining a comprehensive regional strategy.
11. Plan, execute, and attend evening and weekend functions, as necessary.
12. Other responsibilities as assigned.
JOB LOCATION: 10 Rockefeller Plaza New York, NY
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Minimum three years of front-line development and/or sales and marketing experience required.
3. A background related to business or professional school education is preferred.
4. Sophisticated judgment in devising cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies required.
5. Strong organizational and analytical skills required.
6. Demonstrated fluency in Microsoft Office products. Experience using fundraising databases or client relationship management databases is preferred, but not required.
7. Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required, characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well, with a strong commitment to customer service.
8. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external constituencies is required.
9. Ability to self-motivate and work well with and through others is required. Interested candidates should apply directly to the University of Chicago job board.
Only applicants that apply directly to the job board will be considered for the position. If the link does not send you to the job posting please copy and paste into your web browser. Thank you for your interest in The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business! https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/New-York/Associate-Director--Major-Gifts--New-York_JR00579-1
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email email@example.com with their request.