Office Assistant/Transcript Specialist
REPORTS TO: Registrar and Assistant Registrar working in a shared-function office environment, performing independent functions as well as shared processes in the Registrar’s Office.
BASIC FUNCTION: Process transcripts weekly and at the end of each semester. Send grades to employers as requested and maintain transcript summary report. Complete enrollment verifications and process academic forms. Perform functions of the Registrar’s Office as described under specific responsibilities and other duties as asked by registrar and assistant registrar.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Process continuous daily transcript requests and enrollment verifications through National Student Clearinghouse, mail, fax, and on demand at the counter.
2. Answers main phone extension in registrar’s office
3. Analyze and process/file daily
• independent study/internship forms
• other office forms
4. Data Entry (i.e. test scores, mail boxes, change of name & address)
5. Assist during peak periods for registration, grading, and graduation
6. Assist with student accounts
• Assist customers with petty cash
• Assist customers with reimbursement check pick up received from AP
7. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy in all aspects of the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office
8. Other duties as assigned
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma; typing and computer skills required; attention to detail and accuracy is a necessity along with multitasking ability; personable, and team-spirited individual.
Experience working with banner software and an environment focused on the confidentiality of records and/or data preferred.