Director of Major Gifts, Central
Director of Major Gifts, Central
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is seeking a high-energy fundraising professional ready to assume a critical role with some of the institution's highest-level donors as the Director of Major Gifts for Student Affairs.
This position will lead comprehensive development efforts for Student Affairs and manage an assigned portfolio of donor prospects. The successful candidate will have experience in identifying and qualifying prospects, engaging and cultivating current and prospective donors, and directly soliciting donors for major gifts. Additionally the Director of Major Gifts will draft and execute gift agreements, gift acceptance letters, funding proposals, and other presentations associated with development work. The Director will represent Student Affairs at key development and alumni events often occurring outside regular business hours.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline plus three to five years of staff level experience in higher education development or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and significant direct experience with fund raising procedures, techniques, and the ability to apply this knowledge in personal fund raising.
- Strong knowledge of effective web-based search engines and search strategies.
- Knowledge of academic operations, governance, and culture.
- Knowledge of gift planning strategies.
- Knowledge and experience with administration, including methods and techniques for the preparation, analysis, and conformity with budgets.
- Strong skills with standard office and productivity software, which must include Microsoft Office Programs.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong Strategic planner and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to work with business, philanthropic, and community leaders.
- Ability to plan effective development strategies for donors.
- Ability to think conceptually, globally, and understand the comprehensive operation of an institution of higher education.
- Ability to appropriately represent the dean/unit leader and the interests of their unit.
- Ability to effectively manage records and databases.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to freely navigate multiple campus sites, including visits to other campus locations.
- Demonstrated ability in securing major grants and gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
Preference given to candidates with more than five years experience as a college-based fundraising professional.
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel and to work extended hours as necessary.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability or means to travel to meetings at other sites related to the nature of this position.
- Ability to see, hear, talk, walk, sit, fine hand manipulation and lifting up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $58,043 to $77,390
Advertisement Number: ST56417 Development/Alumni/Donor Staff 03/19/2018
Open Date: 01/19/2018
Review Start Date: 02/28/2018
Close Date: 3/19/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5525
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.