Instructor, Machine Tool Technology
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Machine Tool Technology for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Machine Tool Technology
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2FTE16
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $57,665 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Applied Technology and Business
1. Ability to teach Machine Tool Technology including a wide spectrum of machine tool, numerical control and supportive industrial courses.
2. Experience in/ability to teach Industrial Technology, Machine Tool Technology or related field.
3. Ability to teach and commitment to developing online courses as needed.
4. Experience in/ability to teach and develop curriculum in Machine Tool Technology.
5. Understanding of the Machine Tool/Tool and Die industries in the Bay Area.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Commitment to working successfully as a team with other Applied Technology instructors and colleagues.
8. Participation in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to development of curriculum and new instructional approaches, committee membership, staff meetings and community outreach.
9. Ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and abilities, including distance learning.
10. Ability to teach late afternoon, evening, weekend or distance learning, when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment.
11. Ability to interact successfully with others.
12. Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Extensive background in manual and computerized numerical control (CNC) machining and familiarity with toolmaking and grinding including surface and cylindrical.
Ability to complete close tolerance high precision machining.
Knowledge in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), Solidworks, Surfcam and Mastercam.
CNC machining familiarity with HAAS, Fadal, Hurco, and ProtoTrak machining. CNC lathe familiarity with HAAS and Fanus including mill-turn applications.
Familiarity with wire electrical discharge machining and CMM inspection.
Manual machining including vertical and horizontal and manual turning.
Ability to complete NIMS Level I manual machining standards.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F31P
Open Date 12/04/2017
Close Date 02/19/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER