Part-time Assistant Instructor - Radiologic Technology
$26.93 per hour
Part-time Assistant Instructor - Radiologic Technology
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
1. Maintain compliance with the provisions of the Aims Community College part-time faculty position description including:
2. Provide effective and high quality instruction in Radiologic Technology Department
3. Professional Development-maintain currency in the faculty member's field of expertise. Adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate.
4. Initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies, business and other educational institutions as assigned.
5. Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
6. A commitment to the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience.
7. A commitment to work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
8. A commitment to establish and maintain positive yet professional interpersonal relationships with students, Aims faculty, staff and administrators, and clinical site staff and administration.
9. Take classes/instruction in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications and other skills deemed necessary by the department chair or academic dean.
10. A commitment to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College's Mission Statement, Purposes, and Philosophy.
11. Maintain part-time Vocational Teaching Credential.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Provide instructional support to the instructors in Radiologic Technology, for which state agencies or other agencies (i.e. accrediting, insurance, etc.) require a lower student faculty ratio for portions of the instruction. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Assist the Primary Instructor
2. Instruct small group sessions to demonstrate skills and coach student skills performance in compliance with student-faculty ratios
3. Follow College and department procedures for student evaluation and grading
4. Evaluate student performance and document student skill proficiencies. (Evaluation occurs both informally through skills check-off activities and formally in skills evaluation sessions.)
5. Present individual topic didactic instruction, as needed-does not present majority of course material
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the instructor of record and/or the Department Chair, or Academic Dean.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part-time basis.
2. B.S. degree in Radiology or A.A.S. degree in Radiology from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of three years, full-time practical experience as a staff technologist.
3. Shall hold or qualify for a part-time, post-secondary, vocational instructor's teaching credential as a Radiography Instructor issued by the Colorado State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education. May apply for after hiring through the Aims CTE department.
4. Registered in good standing by the ARRT.
1. Background in working with radiography students in the clinical setting.
up to 20 hours/week
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position entails assisting 3 clinical instructors with radiography students that cover multiple sites (see list of current sites below). Hours per week will vary depending on instructor needs (may not exceed 20 hours in one week). Each instructor may have different needs. The person in this position will not be an instructor of record and will not be responsible for inputting final grades.
Our current clinical sites are: North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Greeley Medical Clinic, Summit View in Greeley, McKee Medical center in Loveland, Skyline Imaging in Loveland, Skyline Ortho in Loveland, Banner Ft. Collins Hospital, Poudre Valley Hospital in Ft. Collins, Harmony Imaging Center in Ft. Collins, Medical Center of the Rockies (and North Office), Longmont United Hospital, Longmont Clinical, Kaiser Permanente in Lafayette.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2948
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document