Education Center Director
Job Description Summary
Under general direction from the Assistant Vice President, this position is responsible for providing leadership for and coordination of activities of Saint Leo University at the North Charleston Education Center.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the staff and faculty at the Shaw Education Center.
- Implement the University Strategic Plan and the Division of Saint Leo WorldWide Plan of Operation as it relates to current and future activities within the Education Center.
- Achieve University budget requirements and appropriately expend University budget resources.
- Represent the University to appropriate public and private constituencies, including overseeing compliance activities with various regulatory agencies such as SACS, the US Military, and others.
- Implement various University academic, fiscal, and human resources policies.
- Seek out new ventures and opportunities in accordance with the University Strategic Plan and the Division of Saint Leo University WorldWide Plan of Operation.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in higher education administration.
- Experience with non-traditional students.
- Experience with Saint Leo University.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.