8AM - 5PM
$41,635 - $51,720
The medical assistant is responsible for assisting physicians and professional nursing staff in providing care and treatment of patients. The medical assistant will assist front office staff as needed in patient registration, appointments, and record keeping. The medical assistant will maintain and clean equipment, to keep an inventory of supplies, and be responsible for ordering supplies.
Knowledge of correct usage and spelling of medical terminology and medical equipment.
Ability to work quickly and accurately and to communicate and interact cooperative with patients and all personnel in facility.
Respect for patients with diverse cultural backgrounds and life-styles; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Familiarity with universal precautions, handling of biohazardous waste, specimen identification and transport.
Familiarity with the fundamentals of asepsis and sterile technique, basic bacteriology and the relationship of bacteria to infection and disease control.
Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and put patient at ease.
Ability to identify potential risk management concerns and provide options to resolve.
Ability to use good judgment in deciding when to seek clarification and assistance and be able to handle many tasks at once, judging what tasks may take priority.
Ability to safely lift and move 40 lbs; to stand on feet for long periods of time; work alone for periods that may exceed the normal 8 hour work day, with variable break and lunch times. Clinical duties require a reasonable level of manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
Must have written evidence to validate training and competency as a medical assistant (i.e., certification of completion of a medical assistant training program, or a letter from supervising physician/podiatrist).
Minimum of 2 years experience working as a medical assistant in a student health center setting.
Knowledge of and proficiency in using a PC.
Familiar with the software Point and Click.
Able to problem solve and mulit-task with ease.
Team player and positive attitude.
Proficiency on 10 line telephone system.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview