Development Coordinator CHASS
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $105,900
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Development for UC Riverside's College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, the Development Coordinator will implement specific plans for fundraising and alumni relations programs and activities. This position provides support for the relationship building and fundraising efforts for the college. This position will coordinate fundraising programs and events, work with front-line fundraising staff, faculty and students, volunteers and other university staff in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituents. The Development Coordinator will also provide event support to the office of the Dean and provide administrative support to the College's development staff. Starting Salary upon appointment is not expected to exceed $6650 per month ($79,800 annually). Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
Working knowledge of the location, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, etc.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview