Employer Relations Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $72,500
Responsible for initiating, maintaining and expanding partnerships. Strategically identifies prospective employers for UCR students and cultivates relationships with industry, non-profit and governmental agencies. Promotes and markets the quality of the UC Riverside campus as one of rich tradition and excellence to the corporate community. Increases employer awareness of UCR students and graduates to maximize on-campus visits, employer partnerships, job postings, internships, recruiting and ultimately increase hiring by brand name employers. Devises methods and strategies to take existing campus partners to new levels of meaningful relationships. Works with the employment community on strategies to increase name recognition on-campus via direct and indirect recruiting activities. Works closely with the Employer Relations Team, Career Counseling & Development Team and Special Programs Team to help integrate employers into student programming.
Ability to serve as Career Center and UCR representative at on and off campus events, professional meetings and conferences. Ability to offer services that meet or exceed expectations. Utilize persuasive dialog when needed and mediate potential issues before they escalate. Creativity and tenacity to drive new business within the employment community.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must effectively be able to deliver information in a clear, concise and articulate manner to both students and employer. Experience in presentations to small and large groups.
Demonstrated skills in sales/marketing as a university relations recruiter or within an academic environment to include marketing people, products and/or services to internal and external clients.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures.
Demonstrated ability in marketing and outreach efforts.
Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal communication, written communication, and organization skills.
Ability to work well under pressure, especially with the constant succession of inquiries from employers and students, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads. Proven skills in organizing work, defining tasks, prioritizing assignments and follow through.
Strong knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling process, career coaching techniques, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
Knowledge of career services management software.
Knowledge of UC programs, career services, employer, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, and employment trends.
Demonstrated knowledge in evaluating the role of social media for employer and student engagement.
Ability to select and use appropriate technology to accomplish a given task.
Thorough knowledge of needs assessment theory, processes, and practice; workshop and program design.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview