Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Financial Planning & Analysis
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Financial Planning & Analysis
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
Date Posted: 02/21/2018
Position Information: The Executive Assistant (EA) provides executive level coordination and support to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), provides administrative support to the FP&A team and is responsible for the overall management of the AVC's office. The EA represents the AVC in a professional manner exercises sound judgment, tact, and the utmost discretion while facilitating a collaborative working environment between the AVC's office and the campus. The EA has a thorough understanding of the AVC's priorities and expectations, and takes these into account when establishing, organizing, and prioritizing activities on his schedule.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
Advising and counseling skills.
Strong service orientation.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview