Medical Partnership Manager
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Medical Partnership Manager
Department: Undergrad Medical Ed
Date Posted: 02/21/2018
Position Information: The mission of the UCR School of Medicine is to improve the health of the people of California, especially to serve the Inland Empire by training a diverse workforce of physicians and by developing innovative research and health care delivery programs that will improve the health of the medically underserved in the region and become models to be emulated throughout the state and nation. To empower and motivate medical students to achieve academic, career, and personal success through transformative learning experiences. UCR SOM is seeking a result-oriented, team player interested in helping build life- changing experiences for medical students by growing faculty participation in programs such as LACE and Clerkship. The Medical Partnership Manager is responsible for medical education-connected learning opportunities including but not limited to: Clerkship and LACE Programs. The activities include but are not limited to the following: faculty outreach and follow-up, marketing of services, Affiliation Agreements, securing faculty appointments, and providing customer-service support to faculty as needed. Medical Partnership Manager is a contributor on a team whose expectations are to meet/exceed performance objectives with the highest level of integrity. Some local travel may be required to medical sites and/or to provide services to participating faculty. In the role of Medical Partnership Manager, you will be supporting the Associate Dean, Clinical Medical Education and reporting to the Finance And Administrative Officer for Undergraduate Medical Education.
Minimum Requirements: Verbal and written communication skills to operational and learning concepts, actively listen, persuade, advise, and counsel.
Effective communication skills with peers, learners, faculty, and other education program coordinators/managers.
Working knowledge of assigned program requirements and curriculum.
Proficient skills in training and guiding employees on site-specific administrative and operational processes. Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire staff to improve center services.
Working knowledge of educational software and technologies to promote a wide-range of teaching and learning goals.
Ability to recruit faculty and integrate learners which requires high-level planning and coordination skills.
Ability to solve problems and suggest solutions through critical thinking process.
Proficient in ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a complex, challenging environment. Ability to organize assigned staff and unit operations in an efficient and effective manner.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of department, organization, HR and university policies and processes. Working knowledge of relevant industry federal, state and local laws and regulations including national accrediting organizations and state and federal licensing and regulatory offices.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview