BearHelp Support Technician
Salary: $54,950 - $65,700
Title: BearHelp Support Technician
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Computing Support Services
Date Posted: 02/21/2018
Position Information: The BearHelp Support Technician will provide support to multiple endpoints across campus ranging from Windows, Macs, iOS, Android devices and printers. The technician will also provide support to POS systems associated with UCR service organizations as well as external franchises.
Minimum Requirements: Broad knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot.
Experience conducting escalated, broad technical support including hardware and software tests, analyzing test results and producing reports of conclusions and recommendations.
Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Working knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
General knowledge of other areas of IT. Intermediate knowledge of IT-related products and services.
Effective skills at technical and administrative work direction.
Experience in use and knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
Demonstrated judgment to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Working knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
Working knowledge in the service and support of Point of Sale endpoint devices.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview