Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology and the Associate Director of Enterprise Applications, leads the development and the technical support of the campus operational and strategic reporting needs, future data warehouse development, business intelligence solutions and data migration strategies. Proficient with the design of database architectures, data warehouses, data migrations, Ellucian’s ODS, and implementing user reporting solutions based upon business requirement and content knowledge.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support for the campus operational and strategic reporting needs through centrally administered software systems.
- Design, develop, test and implement new reports through the University’s enterprise reporting tool in accordance with end user requirements.
- Assist users with the creation and maintenance of reports developed through the University’s enterprise reporting tool.
- Improve data integration among information systems to improve data integrity and support report development.
- Work closely with the user communities to establish priorities and the development of business cases and functional specifications.
- Provide documentation of production reports for the benefit of all users that consume various reporting services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive responsibility with report development delivery.
- Hands-on technical experience with BI tools, methodologies and report creations.
- Demonstrated experience with open relational databases such as MS Transact-SQL (T-SQL).
- Strong understanding of multi-dimensional data models.
- Organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels.
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital’s dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Steve Terry at email@example.com
Please complete the optional confidential data survey at: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22A2B2784NM
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and free parking.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.